Responsible, during the design stages, for executing, managing and running clash detection of the federated Project Information Model (PIM), and federating and QA reviewing the Asset Information Model (AIM) for handover.
This will include, as required, federation and clash detection of models generated by all project model contributors including, but not limited to, consultants and trade contractors.
[Appointment: Lead Appointed Party BIM Staff.]
- Audit single discipline/ trade models from consultants and subcontractors when uploaded on to the CDE before federation, provide approval status on the system.
- Federate models and carry out a model review at regular BIM supported design coordination meetings in line with the BEP collaboration workflows and timetables.
- Liaise with the Design Manager and Lead Designer for the identification of design issues and relevant appointments for resolution of the same.
- Attend and enable regular BIM supported design coordination meetings.
- Ensure the model structure is suitable for the data extraction and BIM uses agreed for the project.
- Record all agreed actions and owners in the Clash Review reports and issue to the team via CDE regularly.
- Feedback to BIM Manager for any model, data or compliance issues.
- Provide technical assistance to the delivery team at BIM. Supported design coordination meetings and remotely as required.
- Ensure model contributors are providing and coordinating all elements listed in the MPDT, including builder’s works holes.
- The central point of contact for BIM contributors for issues associated with production, development and update of geometrical information.
[source] PDE 4301 Technical BIM Management 2019/2020, BIM EXECUTION PLAN, SUP-GPF-XX-XX-SP-W-0001, Post-appointment BEP, Grat To King Yeung, Jarek Wityk, Mike Sealey, Tala Damra, Viorel Mihailuc, Willow Williams